Monday, May 30, 2011

Sherlock



Watson: Who are you? What do you do?
Sherlock: I'm a consulting detective. The only one in the world - I invented the job.


For some reason, despite my friend going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over it, we missed out on the airing of the television series Sherlock last July. Thanks to the wonderful internet and my boyfriend's mad skills, we've been able to watch it just this past week.

I understand the goo-goo-gaa-gaa-ing now.



This is how modern adaptations of classics should be done. It seemlessly incorporates new technology, and in a new and inventive way. The music also stands out - I love the kind of classic excitable background music, especially when Sherlock has just come to some groundbreaking realisation. There is no laziness to be found. The dialogue between Sherlock and Watson is fantastic, snappy and sassy. It's always moving - dragging you (happily) along with it. You're firmly glued to your seat, smiling (and occasionally squealing) at how awesome and amazing this show is.


We kept turning to each other saying "This is awesome!"


Dr. John Watson: Why didn't I think of that?
Sherlock: Cause you're an idiot. No, no, no. Don't be like that; practically everyone is.



So heartbroken that there was only three episodes in the first season. I want more!


I especially loved the apartment at 221B Baker Street. Fantastic set design. These small pictures will particularly fail at showing how awesome it is, so go check it out for yourself!




DI Lestrade: Sherlock, we --
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...